Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Baby Photo Competition

So, I have been suckered into entering into a baby photo competition.

I never thought I'd be one of those mothers who pimps her baby out in this way.  But when I saw some friends posting their entries on facebook, I was suddenly saddened that I had no 'cute' photos of Bethany.  Don't get me wrong, I think she's adorable.  But I had never gone to the trouble of getting photos to show her cuteness.  I always take mobile phone snaps of her doing stuff, but not thinking about whether she looks pretty.  So I decided to capture her cuteness.

My sister Steph helped me out by borrowing her husband's fancy camera and setting up a couch with a white sheet, then we took it in turns to entertain the baby while the other photographed.

Bonds is running the competition (Baby Search 2011) - you can just follow the link to get the details to enter your baby.

Anyway, the results weren't too bad!  I picked out the best ones from what we took today and posted them on facebook to get feedback.  Thanks to everyone who gave it!  Now I have narrowed the list even further, and also cropped the images, adjusted the contrast, and blurred the backgrounds a bit to make her stand out a bit more, as there appears to be no rule against doing this.

What do you reckon?  Which of these should I enter?

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3

Photo 4

Photo 5

I love the personality in no 5, but wonder if they are looking for something more in the vein of photo no 1?

Now, just for fun, here are some of the photos that didn't make the cut, but which make me giggle:

You want me to smile and look cute?  How can I do that 
when I'm plotting to take over the world? MWAHAHAHAHA!


A mobile phone case, eh?  Don't try any funny business.  
Yeah, I'm talking to you.  I've got my eye on you.


Enough with these photos already, Mum!

1 comment: